Quorn Pot Pie
2.875 out of 5, 1 based on 24 ratings
Enjoy a tasty Pot Pie made with Quorn Chunks and mushrooms for dinner this evening. Baked to perfection in under 20 minutes, what's not to love!
- 1-200g pack Quorn Chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 pieces button mushroom, halved
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups cream
- ½ cup green peas, cooked
- ½ cup diced carrot, cooked
- ½ cup corn kernels, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 frozen puff pastry, cut into round shape
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the oil and butter in a medium saucepan and sauté onion and garlic. Add the mushroom and all-purpose flour then cook until softened.
- Pour in white wine and reduce for 2-3 minutes. Add cream and simmer until thickened.
- Add Quorn Chunks and cook for 5 minutes. After that add green peas, carrot and corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper then finish with Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl then brush beaten egg around the edge of the bowl. Cover the top of the bowl with puff pastry sealing around the edges. Brush egg wash on top of the puff pastry. Bake it at 180C for 15-18 minutes.